New firmware release (05/14/2019) - Improved battery life and performance
The past few months our team has been working around the clock to improve your experience with Smart Remote. Today we released a major update that significantly improves the battery life and makes setting up and controlling your devices even more seamless. We’d also like to say THANK YOU – your feedback and support has helped and will continue to help us develop the world’s most advanced home control platform.
Please see the notable updates below and be sure to check that your Smart Remote and Smart Remote App are up-to-date.
New firmware release
- Smart Remote Firmware v0.68.42
- Smart Remote App 1.4.19 (available on App Store)
- Android App 1.7.5 (available on Google Play)
- Room Sensors Firmware remains the same v0.16.7
- Update your Smart Remote app to the latest version (iOS and Android)
- Make sure your Smart Remote firmware has been automatically updated to v0.68.42. If you need help with this, please go here.
- Trackpad Control: Now available for all TVs and AV devices
- Battery life: 2X more battery life under normal usage
- Connectivity: Added stability between Smart Remote and Smart Remote App
- Sonos Integration: Improved controls and bug fixes
- Scene Experience: Added fluidity in AV scene navigation
- Communication Protocols improvements (MQTT, HTTP)
- Several bug fixes on Philips Hue, Light Groups, Spotify
Hi, I use the remote for my Philips TV (55pos901F, a 2017 model), my old mid-1990s Denon hifi receiver (IR connectivity), Philips Hue lights, and a few Wemo smart plugs. All works! In addition the smart remote works perfectly for my Apple TV (but I might as well use the apple remote for just that task, since it is so elegant and small). So at least the philips tv remote and the denon remote are now tucked away. The Sevenhugs smart remote is much quicker and simpler when switching btw. TV hdmi input channels (esp. when using the playstation 4), for instance, and so many thanks for that! I actually don't use the pointing options (the boxes on the wall), I manage fine without those. May I ask one thing - about the "2x more battery life": how have you managed that, what specifically makes the battery last longer (i.e is there more use of low-power stand by or something)?Reply
When I saw the add for the remote, I saw the Devialet logo as one of the supported brands. However after buying the remote I learned that the Phantom series is not supported. I was really bummed out about that. I’ve added myself to the enhancement request. Please add Devialet Phantom support. Thank you.Reply
improvements? as in... maybe sometime soon we could get the SDK and start using these protocols for real or virtual devices?
I will purchase as soon as this is available, even in beta.Reply
The keyboard has stopping working for the Amazon fire TV. If I push the button it lights up but nothing happens. Sometimes if I push it I get an error screen that asks me to restart. In the app for the av scene in the beta layout the keyboard button is greyed out and I can't choose it. Same for the fire TV device. Lastly there is no fire TV device in the carasoule on the remote. I have restarted the remote with no luck.Reply