New firmware release (12/11/2018) - Apple TV (BLE), Amazon Fire TV, Nest Thermostat
We’re thrilled to announce a big new software update for Smart Remote:
- Smart Remote Firmware v0.66.9
- Smart Remote App 1.2.9 (available on App Store)
- Android App 1.4.5 (available on Google Play)
- Room Sensors Firmware remains the same v0.16.7
- Update your Smart Remote app to the latest version (iOS and Android)
- Make sure your Smart Remote firmware has been automatically updated to v0.66.9. If you need help with this, please go here.
- If you previously added an Apple TV, you will need to add a new Apple TV Bluetooth (BLE) device and re-create any AV Scenes that included Apple TV. Then delete the original infrared version of Apple TV from your Smart Remote.
- Apple TV Bluetooth (BLE) integration is now available for 4th generation models and later. This integration includes a new trackpad navigation feature (just like the Apple TV remote) and keyboard functionality for searching.
- Amazon Fire TV Bluetooth (BLE) integration is now available for Fire TV 2nd generation and later, Fire TV Stick 2nd generation and later, and Fire TV Cube 1st generation and later. This integration includes a trackpad navigation feature and keyboard functionality for searching.
- Nest thermostat integration is now available. Not supported: Nest Thermostat E Heat Link EU in Europe, fan or home/away functionality or Home Scene creation.
- AV Scene and Home Scene lists are now available to locate in Point Mode.
- Spotify is now available to add to Home Scenes.
- Smart plug groups are now available to create and locate.
- Point Mode calibration is now only done during the initial setup.
- Adding a button through Custom UI disabled another one
- iOS app crash on item reordering or removing
- Smart Remote freeze on black screen - IR issue
- App stuck on "downloading" when adding an IR device
Great update. Had some issues customizing the fire tv (fire stick) remote. My fire stick doesn’t have volume control so tried infrared learning to match the volume up and down to my Roku Tv. It would work during programming but not work after save. Ended up removing the buttons and creating my own with infrared and it works!Reply
I love the new controls for the firetv. Is there anyway to add them to a scene? I noticed that it uses a trackpad button but I can't seem to add the same to my existing scene. If not is there a way to change the vol up and down on the amazon firetv control to be my audio receiver?
It is getting better and better each update.
After following all of the instructions for setting up the Fire TV cube I am not able to get anything set up. Nothing shows up under the Fire TV Cube Other Bluetooth device section when I select Add Bluetooth Devices. I used the wake word and even asked Alexa to pair to Bluetooth yet nothing is happening.
On the Smart Remote app I see No Device Discovered.
Here are the specs of what I am running:
Device: Amazon Fire TV Cube 1st Generation
Amazon Fire TV Cube Software Version: Fire OS 126.96.36.199 (NS6258/1604)
Phone Device: iPhone X
Phone operating system: iOS 12.1.2
Smart Remote App version: 1.3.2
SevenHugs Remote Firmware version: v0.66.12-19.5.4-ae
I have confirmed that the WiFi for the Sevenhugs remote and my iPhone are using the exact same network.