Smart Remote app can not find Smart Remote
In the event that your Smart Remote App is unable to find your Smart Remote please follow the steps below.
To start, please make sure:
- Your Smart Remote is awake
- Smart Remote is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile (you may try to turn off and back on your Wi-Fi on your Mobile Phone first and try again before following the steps below)
- Your Wi-Fi connection is working
- Airtime Fairness or Wi-Fi Multi-Media (WMM) (also called QOS or Optimize AMPDU) are disabled or OFF in your router's advanced settings. Some routers like the ones from Asus, Netgear, Cisco, Ubiquiti, and others have this Airtime Fairness feature that boosts the overall network performance by sacrificing a little bit of network time on your slowest devices. This can cause issues with the connection between Smart Remote and Smart Remote App.
- “Access Control” is deactivated on your router so it doesn't block all new device from connecting
- If you are using a Guest Network for your IoT devices, make sure to configure your access point with the option "Allow Guests to see each other" and be sure MobilePhone is connected to Guest Network too.
- If you have a really specific setup, please make sure the following ports are not blocked for Smart Remote to connect to it:
- 8883: MQTT
- 443: HTTPS
- 123: NTP
If this is the first time you are trying to connect Smart Remote with Smart Remote App please try to:
- Turn off and back on your Smart Remote.
- Delete and reinstall Smart Remote App and try again
If this issue persists please reach out to us using the pop up at the bottom of this page and add the Serial Number of your Smart Remote.