Add a BLE device or an Android TV device
Smart Remote is compatible with devices such as AppleTV and Amazon FireTV using BLE. To see all BLE and Android TV devices currently compatible with Smart Remote, please follow this link here.
Here is how to add a BLE device on Smart Remote:
Make sure your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Smart Remote.
Make sure both your BLE devices and Smart Remote are awake (send a random command to make sure it is awake)
Launch the Sevenhugs Smart Remote app and make sure you are on the Devices & Service tab.
Select “Add a device or service"
Select “Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Devices”
Select "Scan my network"
Select your BLE device in the list of devices found and press "Next". If your device is an Android TV (see the full list here) you will first need to select Android TV.
Please select the specific device you want to add and press "Next"
Press "Got it"
Your BLE device will be added on Smart Remote
The connection and pairing have then to be triggered via the device itself. Please follow the steps indicated on your Smart Remote.
For your Apple TV
If you already have Apple TV added as an IR device, please remove it using Smart Remote App
Please make sure the AirPlay Feature is enabled on your Apple TV
On your Apple TV, go to Settings and select "Remote & devices"
Select the Smart Remote you want to connect with (it may take up to 2 minutes for your Apple Tv to find Smart Remote)
Continue on Smart Remote
For your Amazon Fire TV
- On your Amazon Fire TV go to Settings and select "Controllers & Bluetooth Devices"
- Select "Other Bluetooth Devices"
- Select "Add Bluetooth Devices"
- Choose the Smart Remote you want to connect with
- Continue on Smart Remote
If AppleTV has already been added via Infrared, it needs to be deleted
- First and second generation AppleTVs are not supported by our Smart Remote
- Smart Remote won't allow you to select a letter below the search bar. In order type a word you will need to select the keyboard icon on Smart Remote interface
- Fire TV
- The first generation of Fire TV is non BLE compatible thus it will not work, it is still however discoverable.
- Volume controls work only when added to an AV Scene
Bug from Apple TV: if your Apple TV is connected via ethernet AppleTV can go to sleep and you won't be able to find it on the network while looking for it on Smart Remote App. To avoid this please make sure to wake up your Apple TV before trying to find it via Smart Remote App. If you still have the issue please configure your Apple TV via Wi-Fi to make sure you are able to discover it.
- Add an IR device
- Add a service
- Reorder devices and services
- Customize device screen layout
- Create an AV Scene
- Create a Home Scene
- Activate Point Mode and locate items